NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, TX — With three games behind them, the Lone Star Brahmas have their eyes set on the season opener in Shreveport. The preseason yielded one win and two losses for the Brahmas, and while the coaches and players probably would have preferred another tally or two in the win column, the important thing was to get in some games as a team before the grind of the regular season.
The Brahmas’ first preseason game was against the Shreveport Mudbugs, who they will face this weekend. That contest was a 1-0 loss for the Brahmas in their first appearance at NYTEX Sports Centre as the 2017-18 squad.
The second game went the Brahmas’ way in a 4-2 win against the Topeka RoadRunners in which the Brahmas’ offense showed up in a big way after being shut out in their debut.
The third game was on the road against Odessa at the Music City Mall, where the Brahmas took a 4-3 shootout loss.
- Each of the Brahmas’ three goaltenders played a full game, with Harvard commit Mitchell Gibson coming away with the sole win in the middle contest against Topeka. Gibson made 22 saves in the win.
- Benjamin Beck faced 25 shots and allowed one goal in the 1-0 loss to Shreveport. Ajay Fernandez faced 26 shots and allowed three goals before allowing just one goal in the shootout loss.
- Brahmas veteran Julian Biondo put together the only multi-goal performance of the preseason with two quick goals in his debut against Topeka.
- Newcomers Michael Montambault and Kyle Hallbauer each had multi-point games in that match-up against Topeka.
- The six Lone Star preseason goals were scored by Biondo (2), Montambault (1), Drew Lennon (1), Jared Domin (1), Mick Heneghan (1), and Aidan Spellacy (1).
With the preseason behind them, the Brahmas do not play another game at home until October 20th. If you plan to join us on the road for the season opener, you can purchase your tickets online or call the Mudbugs Ticket Office at (318) 636-7094.
If you’re watching from the comfort of your home, all regular season game will be streamed on Hockey TV.