Wenatchee did not have much time to think about their heartbreaking loss to the Lone Star Brahmas on Friday night, but what little time they had only revved them up further. They came out firing on Saturday night and held a 9 – 1 shots on goal lead approaching seven minutes left in the first. That is when Ryan Gotelaere put his team in a hole with a holding penalty at 12:40.
On the ensuing power play the Brahmas had pressure in the zone for an extended period. Sebastian Vidmar controlled the puck at the near point and slid it to Ludvig Larsson in the rightwing circle. Larsson used his great vision to spot Anton Santessonsneaking down from his defensive spot on the off side and fed a perfect pass through the crease which Santesson redirected past Michael Bullion before he could go post to post. Time of the goal was 13:10 and it came on the Brahmas second shot on goal. The goal stood as the only tally in the period despite Wenatchee closing out the period on the first half of their own power play.
MORE FROM SPORTS DALLAS FORT-WORTH
- Roman Uchyn Scores Double Overtime Game Winner For Lone Star Brahmas2d ago
- Lone Star Brahmas – Wenatchee Wild Playoff Preview For Apr 104d ago
- NAHL South Playoffs To Get Underway – Lone Star Brahmas Await Their Opponent1w ago
- Hard Fought 2 – 1 Win Earns Lone Star Brahmas NAHL South Div Crown2w ago
- Lone Star Brahmas Secure First Round Bye With 5 – 4 Win2w ago