The stage is set for the Lone Star Brahmas to open their NAHL playoff schedule against the Wenatchee Wild at the NYTEX Sports Centre on Friday April 10 and 11. Lone Star made a late season push to climb to the top seed in the NAHL South Division and therefore had a first round bye as Wenatchee had to play their way into the First Round in a Play-In series against the Corpus Christi Icerays. The 5th seeded Wild continued their late season hot streak knocking off 4th seed Corpus Christi in two games on the Icerays’ home ice.
Wenatchee possesses a lot of team speed which can present some problems for Lone Star. The Brahmas will have to use their size and strength to play a physical game and make it uncomfortable for the Wild to handle the puck. On average Lone Star skaters are over an inch taller and 12 pounds heavier than the Wenatchee skaters. However, they have to be disciplined about their approach and limit trips to the penalty box because the Wild simply do not give up a lot of power play opportunities and the Brahmas can’t get into a special teams battle despite their superior special teams numbers.
MORE FROM SPORTS DALLAS FORT-WORTH
- NAHL South Playoffs To Get Underway – Lone Star Brahmas Await Their Opponent1w ago
- Hard Fought 2 – 1 Win Earns Lone Star Brahmas NAHL South Div Crown1w ago
- Lone Star Brahmas Secure First Round Bye With 5 – 4 Win1w ago
- Lone Star Brahmas – Wichita Falls Wildcats Preview For Mar 272w ago
- Big Third Period Earns Lone Star Brahmas A Split With 4 – 1 Win2w ago